Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Fresh Start!




Beginning Anew2:  Creative cooking, home making, crafts and other things

It's a Fresh Start!!

I've been blogging for many years now.  My original blog, JAMSGems4u.blogspot.com is still up, but I haven't posted for about a year.  My life has changed so much since then!  Then, I came down with a fairly debilitating condition called Interstitial Cystitis, which severely limited my diet, so I founded ICRecipesandtips.blogspot.com for that particular way of eating.

However, as you can tell by my new blog's title and the title of this article, I've had a fresh start -- a new beginning!  About three months ago, I attended my church's Sunday evening prayer service.  Toward the end of the service, the pastor opened up the meeting for anyone who needed special prayer to come sit in "the hot seat" and receive personal ministry.  I asked for prayer for healing of my food allergies and was called forward.

As the pastor laid hands on me to pray, he said, "Sharron, I'm going to pray for your food allergies, but I think it goes way deeper than that."  He and the others prayed for me to understand how much God loves me and other things for several minutes, then I went to the altar to continue in prayer there.  At the altar, the Lord lead me to speak truth for lies that had been in my life, like, beauty for ugly, health instead of disease, etc.  That went on for a good 10 to 15 more minutes.  During that time, the Holy Spirit showed me that fear was still a big issue in my life.

I went home, but I continued in a state of prayer, kind of under the surface for several more days.  The Lord continued to show my how fear had been a part of my state of being literally my entire life.  I confessed this to the Lord and asked him to heal me completely.  As I said, it took several days of prayer, and realizing things like how Roman 12:2 (be transformed by the renewing of your mind...) are very literal things we need to be doing.  I was constantly catching myself saying or thinking things like, "I'm afraid if..." and having to reword it to something that wasn't fearful in nature.  "I'm afraid" became "I don't know if it's wise."

After about four days of this, I had begun slowly to add things back into my diet; but I was being very careful.  At lunch, the fourth day, I went to the refrigerator and was wondering what I could eat.  I very clearly heard from the Holy Spirit, "You can eat anything you want!"

From that time, I have freely eaten the food that God has provided for us.  I have had no restrictions.  I have, also, had no reactions!  Praise the Name of Jesus!!

About the recipes and such that I will be posting here:  I generally tend to cook with a "healthier" mentality and lean towards carbohydrate reduction when a recipe warrants it.  I've been set free, so I'm not binding myself up with any diets, but I will choose healthier options as they are fitting a recipe.  For instance, I generally avoid sugar.  Also, I'm interested in home making, crafts and a lot of other things, so articles and instructions for such will show up here from time to time.

If you were a follower of any of my other blogs or books and need a recipe converted to a particular way of eating, I'd be happy to help out.  

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Sharron Long
c2014 Adams Media and Sharron Long, all rights reserved.


Another new recipe:  Chinese-style Beef and Green Beans

All recipes and other writings are copyrighted by Adams Media, Inc., and Sharron Long 2014ff

No comments:

Post a Comment