Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Basic Vanilla Glaze

Basic Vanilla Glaze


This is one of those recipes that it's pretty hard to do anything "healthy" with it.  If the recipe calls for a glaze, warmed honey will work.  However, sometimes only glaze will do.

Basic Vanilla Glaze
For things like cinnamon rolls, scones, etc.

The most common way to make a glaze is sift powdered sugar and add the liquid to it.  Unfortunately, (or is it?), I don't have a sifter.  I decided the food processor blade would fluff up my sugar and blend it all well without any lumps.  It worked!

Place into the bowl of a food processor:

1 cup powdered sugar (organic if possible)

Pour through the chute while the processor is running:

2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I make my own.  Recipe here.)

Once the mixture is well blended, just a few seconds, the glaze is ready to use.
Here it is on a Whole Wheat Blueberry Sour Cream Scone:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment