Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sharron’s Everything Seasoning Salt Blend

Sharron’s "Everything" Seasoning




Sharron’s "Everything" Seasoning

This seasoning is comparable to Lawry's or Johnny's seasoning salt. It's pretty strong, so go easy on it at first! I often give this as Christmas gifts, and many folks come back asking for more.  As the name implies, it's terrific on just about everything -- except ice cream.  Don't put it on ice cream :)

Why would I want to make my own seasoning salt blend when there are so many on the market?  It is so difficult to find blends that don't have MSG, soy, sugar, preservatives and even regular table salt in them.  I don't want to put those things into my and my families' bodies.  It only takes a few minutes to make, and I feel a lot better about serving food with this on it!

Makes about 1 1/4 cups seasoning salt blend.

1 cup sea salt
2 teaspoon pepper
4 packets Truvia-type sweetener
2 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric

Measure the ingredients into a container.  I think the layers look pretty cool!
Give the container a good shake and the seasoning salt is ready to use.  It's great on just about everything, but my children especially like it on eggs, chicken and pork.  Use anywhere a seasoning salt would be used.  Fantastic on French fries!

Note:  Please remember this is a copyrighted recipe.  Make it!  Share it!  Just please be sure you give proper credit.

Blessings!
Sharron

No comments:

Post a Comment