Friday, July 11, 2014

Homemade Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper

Homemade Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper




Adobo Seasoning without pepper is a staple of mine.  It is a Hispanic seasoning used in Mexican and Puerto Rican dishes, plus others. Many of my recipes call for it.  

Homemade Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper

This makes about 2 cups of Adobo Seasoning Without Pepper

In a bowl combine:

1 cup sea salt
1/2 cup garlic granules**
1/3 cup ground oregano*
1 1/2 tablespoons turmeric

Mix well and store in a tightly covered container.  Use in recipes calling for seasoning salt or Adobo seasoning.

*Note:  I couldn't find any ground oregano in my local store, so I bought whole oregano and ground it myself in my blender.  About 1/2 cup whole oregano ground down to 1/3 cup ground oregano.
**Note for SCD:  Know your manufacturer or make your own garlic granules.

Enjoy!

(This post was originally published on my other blog here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment