Friday, March 6, 2015

Spinach Puff for One -- Revisited


Spinach Puff for One -- Revisited


This was one of my favorite recipes from my first book, "Low Carb Cooking at Sharron's Place."  It was also in my 2nd book, "Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine," published by Adams Media, Inc.  I'm back to eating much lower carb, so I fixed this for myself this morning.  Yup!  It's just as yummy as I remember it!  It is very rich, though, so be sure to be hungry.



Spinach Puff for One -- Revisited

In a small bowl combine and set aside:

1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon Everything Seasoning blend or seasoning salt of choice
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese

Melt over medium heat in a small sauce pan:

1 1/2 teaspoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil

Add and cook until softened:

1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
1/4 cup diced mushrooms
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Real Sea Salt or pink sea salt

Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the pan.  Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan for about 5 minutes or until the egg mixture is set and puffy.

Top the egg mixture with:

2 slices Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon chives

Re-cover the pan, remove it from the heat and allow it to set up for about 3 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment