Thursday, August 7, 2014

Raw Brownie Nuggets



Raw Brownie Nuggets










I wanted something chocolate and healthy at the same time.  I, also, thought I could use up some of the dates in my freezer.  I looked around the internet at some things other folks have come up with and then made it my own.  Here's my offering today:



Raw Brownie Nuggets
Makes about 18 cookies

In a food processor with a chopping blade, process until the nuts are finely ground:

1 1/2 cups walnuts
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

Add and process until the mixture is uniform in texture:

1 cup pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla (I make my own)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 packets Truvia-type sweetener
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Then add 2 tablespoons water and continue to process the mixture until it clings together.  (Next time I make this, I think I'll add about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.  I think they'll hold together better.  If anyone does this, let me know and I'll just do the edit.  Thanks!)


Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, or a regular spoon, scoop the dough either onto a serving plate or into a container with a lid.  Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment